Explain why you are nominating this person. As a senior, what is this person currently doing to improve our community? As a non-senior, how is this person currently helping to improve the lives of seniors? This award is open to individuals, couples, and groups of all ages.
Give specific, detailed and precise examples, (i.e., narrative of accomplishments and reasons why nominee should receive an award; complete Nomination Form). Political and religious organization involvement will be considered only when it benefits the senior community. All information will be held in confidence by the judges; however, you may interview your nominee, as the nomination need not be a secret.
Narratives should not exceed 400 words. Additionally, include name, address, phone number, and email of the person submitting the nomination.
Mail nomination to: Silver Horizons, PO Box 6879, Albuquerque NM 87197-6978, Attn: Selection Committee;
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Nomination packages should be received no later than Monday January 6, 2020. Late nomination forms will not be considered.
Nominees – Seniors or Non-Seniors:
– Nominees must be a current resident of Sandoval, Santa Fe, Valencia, or Bernalillo County.
– All nominees must have a record of interest and service to senior citizens through a community-based organization(s) or a 501(c)(3) nonprofit(s); the organization must promote a positive image of service within the community and be in good standing within the community.
Seniors must be at least 50 years old as of Monday January 6, 2020; significant work may have been
contributed during the career, but the senior must be active in their volunteer work at the time of nomination.
Non-Seniors may be any age currently (within previous 12 months) contributing to benefit seniors.
Judges will look for:
– Areas of diversity of accomplishments within the community
– How the Nominee has touched the lives of other people within the community
– Scope of activity(ies), years of service, time commitment\involvement in organization(s)
– Demonstrated exceptional commitment and achievement in community service
– Three (3) Letters of Recommendation that focus on the achievements of Nominee
* Eligible nominees will be notified January 13, 2020. Award recipients will be announced at the Senior Hall of Fame event on Friday, April 24, 2020 (6-9pm, Crowne Plaza Albuquerque, 1901 University Blvd NE 87102), and will be recognized in the event program.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE NOMINATION FORM or Fill in the Form Below.
Upload letters of recommendation below or email to email@example.com with Subject Line “SHOF Letters of Recommendation”.
Upload Letters of Recommendation