Everyday, Silver Horizons helps seniors pay important household bills and assists seniors with minor home repairs. Seniors must qualify for this assistance.
For almost 40 years, Silver Horizons has helped our community’s lowest-income seniors meet their basic needs and maintain a quality standard of living. Silver Horizons supports low-income and at-risk seniors by providing programs and resources including Household Bill Assistance and Minor Home Repairs.
Silver Horizons’ Household Bill Assistance Program and Minor Home Repairs are on-going services offered to those who apply and qualify.
Requirements for applying:
- Senior must be at least 50 years of age
- Senior must live at location where household bill or minor home repair assistance requested
- Senior must not have received household bill or minor home repair assistance from Silver Horizons within the last 24 months
- If applicable, senior must provide Social Security award letter
- If requested, senior must provide three (3) months bank statements for all household members
- Senior must demonstrate ability to cover essential monthly household expenses (complete budget worksheet)
- Senior must present government-issued identification
- Senior must present a current copy of bill or repair estimate
- If applicable, senior must complete Declaration of No Income form
Senior’s and/or household income must be less than:
$1,040.83 for household of 1
$1,409.17 for 2
$1,777.50 for 3
$2,145.83 for 4
$2,514.17 for 5
$2,882.50 for 6
$3,250.83 for 7
$3,619.17 for 8
If you, or a senior you know, is in need of help through our Household Bill or Minor Home Repair Assistance program, please call or email us by using the following contact information: